Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Time to rethink the set-up.

This weekend I went to the 1st Zero1 RC drift session of the year. It was fun. Katsumi came up with another great track. I started off with my Driftmaster to learn the track, but quick changed over the my CS Cyclone to check out my set-up.
It was still kind of the same, pretty unstable off throttle and wants to straighten out on throttle. Still very difficult to keep the rear end out.

One good suggestion came from my friend Jhon from DS. By using 2.5mm rear toe block on the front-front hinge pin, it sweeps the front arms back and give even more steering. Also he suggested 4mm front kick up to increase caster in the front. Both of these seemed to give good steering feel, but still my two symtoms for off throttle and on throttle still presist.










I think it's time to start over on the shock, spring and arm positions. I'll have to let you know how that goes....

No comments: