Tuesday, March 3, 2009

C-S Cyclone, more revisions, more steering

After the HPI/Dynamic comp I got pumped on getting my counter-steer car better. One thing I notice once I got my car home, is the tooth-side rear tensioner I originally made, was a really bad idea. It totally shredded the belt. Luckily I just got a new optional longer belt for the cyclone. This extra length allowed me to make up a new tensioner. This time I drilled a hole at the bottom of the tub chassis to mount a billet stervo holder. There I used the old bearings through a king pin trick.

This is what it ended up looking like. Seems like there is a little more overall friction, but should be less wear and tear for the belt.






My next area of attention was the steering, cause if you want to build a counter steer car you need to be able to counter steer.
I basically just attacked the chassis, front/rear hinge-block, bulk-head and steering arms with my trusty Dremel. After a lot of grinding, this is what I got....

I think I should be able to get more angle now!

I also decided to put on some Type T, to see if that makes it easier to tune.

No comments: