Friday, April 3, 2009

A new start...

Like I mentioned earlier, everything I have tried so far hasn't improved keeping the rear out as much as I would like, instead they just made it more unstable. Switch backs were crazy quick. So I decided to take a couple of steps back, but I have decided to keep the steering and front caster changes.

The car is much easier to drive with the softer rear springs and old suspension points. And counter-steer is just a good as it was when it was unstable.

I think the key is going to be to try to get the gear difference a little larger. (since the cyclone seems to be a very stable drifting chassis) Checking out my friend Jhon's post, he has discovered a great HPI part for upgrading the pulleys. It's a pulley set for the R40 and comes with a 18, 19, and best of all a 22 and 23. I found a set online and have them on order now. I hope to get them sometime next week.

Here is what they look like:
Right now I have a 2.6 to 1.6 gear difference. I figure with the 22 it will be 1.45 and for the 23 1.39, sounds. I am hoping this will be the key to unlock more counter steering!

No comments: