Wednesday, February 25, 2009

C-S Cyclone, with misc parts.

So like I said before the gear ratio between the front an rear need to be pretty large. From the feedback of people who have sucucssfully built Counter-steer cars, it should be about 1.0 difference. Usually around 2.6 vs. 1.6 With this in mind I asked around to see what other parts I could find to work this out. Since Katusmi from Arai has a great inventory of Yokomo parts, I was able to score a 20T metal and a 33T pulley as well as a 40T for the front.

The only problem is the 40 for the front didn't quite fit, but the good thing is I stole the 32T off the rear of my old PRO2 for the rear. So the ratios I will try are right at 2.6 vs. 1.6 I think the toughest part is just figureing out what to do with all that extra belt...

Here are the tensioners I came up with, since my car didn't have any...










I used left over parts, like a old servo mount, susp king pin and some bearings. I use washers to shim the tension. I know the rear seems kind of weird with the bearings on the tooth side of the belt, but it seems to still be very smooth, so I think I go with it.

Now it's time for some testing...

No comments: