Monday, February 2, 2009

Chaser test run

This past Saturday was a pretty good session. (with great food...thanks Eric!) Plus, I finally got to test out the new Smoke Chaser body. I was kind of worried at first cause it seemed a lot heavier them my usual bodies (because of the inner cover). I was right, it was too back heavy and I felt a lot of understeer. But removing the pre-fab rear defuser helped out a lot. I also noticed the rear tail lights were pretty dim, so I guess there is some more work for me to do on the body. Overall I was really happy witht he new shell though. It looks great drifting and with a few tweeks it was drifting pretty well by the end of the night. The fade looked awesome and you can't beat the look of a couple of Chasers tandeming (IMO)!



So back to the drawing board on building a new lighter weight rear diffuser and rear light buckets... updates soon, I have some more ideas....

No comments: