Thursday, May 7, 2009

Finally an improvement

After trying out a bunch of suspension tricks. I decided to counter weigh my car. From past experience with my well tuned Yokomo Driftmaster, I decided to see where I was at on my Cyclone. To my surprise it was really unbalanced. I never really noticed it too much with a normal drift set-up but since I am still learning the driving technquice on countersteering, the imbalanced really seems to mess up the predictablity of the car in transition. The main reason seems to be, I am now using Lipos in my Cyclone (before I only used the Lipos in my Yok, and Ni in my HPI) . To help counteract the weight, I increased the number of 10g weights I had behind my battery. I ussually just used one, but now I think I have like 7...LOL!


But after testing it out today, I think this really made an improvement. The car is much more predictable and I have a lot more confidance swinging the car back and forth. Rear traction is improved and the counter-steer is definately still there too. I think I am on the right track again... ( I even moved my electronics around to help out on the balance)



Today I could easily do nice Countersteer figure 8s. (not at max counter yet though...)

No comments: