Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CS steering for my Driftmaster LCG

Well I guess I missed out on the CS 3day marathon at Arai this past holiday weekend, but I did manage to get some work done on my CS Driftmaster. After thinking long and hard I finally figured out how to achieve parallel steering and increase the overall steering angle (while having equal left and right steering feel)

This is what I came up with for the Yokomo LCG steering. Looks like it should work well for some CS Dori.


LCG Parallel Steering = Here you can see the spacers and extention I made for the inner steering arm. It brings the steering linkage past parallel, while avoiding the rear-front hinge pin holders. I also relocated the ball joint from the outter rear arm from under the arm to over. LCG Increased steering = Here you can see how I grinded the inner arms to clearance the servo linkage. And to get even more steering, I counter sunk the center ball joint on the inner steering arm as well.

The outer wheel has much more steering over stock now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice set-up...any chance of having parts listed or where to find?