Friday, May 15, 2009

Pre-Team Arai, May 14, 2005

Today a friend of mine asked me if I was still into RC Drifting. And funny thing, I told him, I am really into it right now. Honestly a few months back I was kind of getting a little bored, but working on this Counter steer style really rejuvenated my enthusiasm for the hobby.

I started in mid-2004, but really started getting into it, when I visited Arai in '05. Back then there wasn't even a Team Arai and I felt so much pride when I could do one good lap at Arai. Now, that I feel like I am almost starting over with the Counter-Dori, that I thought it would be cool to dig up an old video from 3yrs ago.

Another thing that is funny is, thinking back I really disliked a lot of things I really like now. Like Yokomo single ring tires, front one-ways, and solid rear diffs. These are things that make it really fun now!

(I'm driving the Chrome S15, Rob is in the White RX8, and Katsumi in the Red 86... I think)



Gotta give props to my old school mentors like Nate, Evan, Ben, Bob, Scot and the rest of the guys. Most of these guys don't RC drift any more, but I wonder if they saw this new Counter-Dori, if they would pick it up again?
I know Ben is back for some Counter-Dori !

Well tomorrow is another test day at Arai, hopefully, I will have something good to report on Monday!

No comments: