Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Driftmaster LE SPL goes Counter-Steer too!

Like I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I was able to get myself some overdrive/underdrive gears for my Yokomo shaft drive Driftmaster (LCG). I'll have more details on that later, once I take it back apart for some pictures of all the modifications needed to get them to fit and mesh.
(WARNING!: This is not an easy drop-in upgrade. If you plan to do this it will take a lot of modifying to get the gears to mesh correctly.)

I also figured out a way to modify the steering rack to get rid of the Ackerman steering and make it more of a parallel set-up.

(One other note: if you are doing normal AWD drifting, keep your Ackerman steering! The parallel steering will make the front end push a lot in turn in. You need the inside wheel to turn more then the outside. Parallel steering is only ideal for a Countersteer setup!)

Anyways here are just some quick pictures of the chassis during the modifying process. (excuse the fuzzy iphone pictures. I want to take it all apart again to take some better install pictures)



The suspension is still set-up for normal AWD drifting. Check back for more updates!

1 comment:

MurderDoll said...

Hey Sil40SX.

I have been wanting to do the counter steer mod to my LCG as well.
Did you end up using the Team Associated part? 25595? or was there a different mod you used?

I have been having quite a bit of trouble trying to source the correct parts for my mod.
Could you help?