Tuesday, May 19, 2009

CS Test at Arai #2


Well this weekend the CS Cyclone definitely handed much better. Counter steer and angle was good, but still the car transitions much faster then Katsumi's CS BD. Definitely did notice some good tips though. One was the rear toe. Strangely enough, this seems to have the opposite effect it does on a normal AWD drift car. By lessing the toe from 3 to 2 degrees, it actually added stability in my CS car. Very interesting.

Another item that I mentioned before, is non-Ackerman steering. Seems like this is pretty much the opposite as well. If you are thinking "that stuff is confusing!" I think that too! LOL.
But after playing with my CS car and normal AWD car, I think I am starting to get a better understanding.
( I found this online at RC TeK, I read this before, but after testing my cars with paralle and with ackerman, I think I am starting to understand it.) Give it a read if you have time...


At Arai this weekend, I also decided to give my Driftmaster LE a CS twist as well. Now that I have most of the parts, I will see if I can make it interchangeable. i.e. extra set diffs and gears to trade out if I want to try CS or regular AWD drifting. (I already figured out a way to get parallel steering in my LCG. (I'll have that later on the blog.)

So now there will be two simultaneous CS builds. Project CS Cyclone (Belt) and Project CS Driftmaster (SD).... updates soon!

No comments: