Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Shaft Drive Counter Steer


A few weeks back I had my 2nd session with the CS Cyclone, and it runs pretty good, but still having a hard time tuning in the rear grip in transitional. But at that same time I drove my friend GD's Yokomo DP and it was pretty darn easy to drive. I really like how much grip the rear end had even with countersteer. The Countersteer wasn't a lot, but I think it can definitely improve. Since then I basically threw together the gear I acquired and it is seems pretty good too. (Just some simple camber and caster changes.) It's the F:42/13 - R:18/39 combo most shaft drive people are using. (like I said before it's not a simple install though, lots of customizing to get it all to mesh right)

But all in all, I am really having a easier time trying to figure out the shaft drive. My Driftmaster CS is getting there... Hopefully I can get to Arai to put it to the real test.... (plus it looks so cool having countersteer on a big aero S14 body!)


Front shimmed 42T on a 1-way, and a drilled shaft for the 13T
Rear countersinked 39T on a solid, and lots of shims on the 18T shaft.








me testing GD's Shaft Drive... "I like it!"



1 comment:

Unknown said...

i looked all over the place for e10 counter steer projects and cant find one.