Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The same but different... Belt Drive vs. Shaft Drive

Well this isn't really a comparison, but I did want to post up where I am at with my Belt drive CS Cyclone and my Shaft drive Driftmaster CS. After doing more work on both steering systems, the cars have pretty much the same steering angle. (pretty cool since I haven't seen another LCG with that kind of steering before)

Both cars are getting close, but just are not quite there yet. I know I have been trying a lot of things, and one week I post one thing, then come to find out next week the opposite is better. It's tough working on new ideas, but so far:

The CS Cyclone (1.81)has good countersteer, but lacks rear grip for transistions. This makes it hard to control sometimes. But the steering angle looks great. (current setup 39/15 33/23 but planning on going 39/16, 33-2/23 soon)

The Driftmaster CS (1.21) has good rear traction, but lacks a lot of counter steer. But it is still really fun to drive and it actually looks more realistic with less countersteer. (current setup 42/13, 39/18 but looking for a 44)

Both are good in there own ways, and both really fun to drive, but still both I think can still be better.




























This Sunday I plan an going to Arai Driftland again for some more testing. I have a few things I want to try. It will also be good get some input from the other guys.

(One really cool thing about a CS setup, is since you use a lot of camber and a wide track isn't necessary for speed, you can slam the body down low. I love it!)

No comments: