Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Late night install...

Well, after a late night install, I have finally gotten my R40 23T pulley installed in Project CS Cyclone. Getting it to fit definitely took a little ingenuity and some searching for extra parts, but in the end it seems to work good. The pulley is not only larger by the number of teeth, but the mounting points as well. It has a larger shaft opening and uses a larger pin. You also don't need to use the one endplate, since it is so wide it goes up against the bulkhead stiffener plate. What I didn't notice at first is one of the lower button head bolts interfere with the very corner of the pulley, but I just ground it a little and now it's good. Now we just need to see how it preforms...

I also decided to replace the 108 spur gear & RS4 15T with a new set. (the old ones were pretty beat)

No comments: