Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Increased gear ratio part 1 for the Driftmaster...

Well, I still haven't gotten a chance to modify the new 35/20T rear diff gears I got last week, but after looking them over some more, looks like it will take a bit of customizing to get it to work in my LCG. I guess that will be part 2.

But what I was able to do is install the new 44T gear with my custom 10T. The mess is not as good as with my stock 40, but I think if I shim it a little more it should be good. Right now its really noisy, but seems to work pretty well. New gearing is now 1.87:1 and it has required me to pretty much start over with the suspension tuning. Now tuning is more like the Cyclone, where I need to maximize rear grip and minimize the quick transition speed.
Lucky I have a better idea how to tune for this now. Tuning the front weight, rear toe, rear ride height and rear swaybars have helped a lot.

No comments: